Casting furnace GOe
Holding and casting furnace
The casting furnace GO e is a hydraulically driven tilting furnace that is used for the preparation and post-treatment of aluminium. Designed primarily as a holding furnace, it can also be interpreted as a melting furnace.
It is heated by an ecological, electric heating system, which is matched to the size of the furnace. The size of the furnace and bath capacity is variable – depending on requirements.
- Innovative design ensures a safe investment
- Economic operation:
- The required power in KW per ton of aluminium is similar to that in hot air burner systems
- Environmentally friendly:
- through CO2-neutral heating
- through the low oxygen atmosphere in the furnace
- through adaptable furnace geometry
- „Level Control“ – Precise level control:
- A constant level of liquid metal in the launder is ensured throughout the entire casting process
- The casting spouts can also be arranged on the cleaning door side
Less dross formation
The casting furnace has a relatively low bath surface which reduces the formation of dross. The large bath access door facilitates drossing and skimming work.
Each casting furnace can be equipped or retrofitted with the Alu-Treat© system bringing significant improvements in the metal quality. This system sees the floor of the bath lined with porous plugs that enable continuous treatment of the metal. The arrangement with Alu-Treat© is according to your needs and requirements.
The system is controlled by a Siemens S7, in which the entire system and all necessary data are visualised..
Product sheet Casting furnace GOe